Welcome to PMI East Tennessee Chapter
Our vision is to be a premier PMI Chapter in providing value to our membership by offering tools, resources, education and networking opportunities to help members to be successful as project management practitioners within the communities that ETPMI represents.
ETPMI March 2019 Chapter Meeting
Topic: Nuclear Skid Project - Lessons Learned
Speaker: Mathew Merten, PE, PMP
When: Thursday, March 28, 2019
Location: Bearden Banquet Hall, 5806 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37919
Time: 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
PDUs: 0.50 Leadership , 0.25 Strategic & Business Management, 0.25 Technical (PMP, PgMP, PMI-RMP, PMI-SP)
The ACAS project was a compressor skid fully built and tested and delivered to Watts Bar Nuclear 1&2. There are not many projects such as this in the nuclear industry anymore, so it is a good snapshot of the ability to run projects. To say the project was a challenge is an understatement. This talk will be a tale of woe, scope change after scope change, and virtually all stakeholders being highly frustrated at the end. This will be its story.
Mat has been an Engineer essentially since birth (taking apart the VCR and televisions when Dad wasn’t around, to keeping in-depth records of epic Mario Kart battles). He went to college in Texas and after was a Nuclear Trained Submarine Officer for about eight years finishing as a Lieutenant. Since separating he’s had various engineering roles in the Knoxville and Oak Ridge area. He has an PE license (Control Systems) and recently got his PMP. He’s a halfway decent fiddle player and plays in the community orchestra (although he sits in the back).
ETPMI 4-Day PMP Exam Prep Bootcamp
May 20, 21, 22, 23
8:00am – 4:00pm
10950 Spring Bluff Way
Knoxville, TN 37932
The course is targeted to those interested in PMP® or CAPM certification. It provides a comprehensive review of the nine Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) areas covered in the PMP® certification exam and provides a highly interactive, experiential learning environment.
- Dates: Monday, May 20 – Thursday, May 23, 2019
- 8:00am – 4:00pm (1 hour for lunch)
- Location: King University
- 10950 Spring Bluff Way; Knoxville, TN 37932
- $1199: ETPMI members (log in to receive member discount)
- $1299 for non-members
Payment in full is due at time of registration; no onsite registration/payment!
- Professional, PMI-certified instructor, Richard (Rick) DeJohn
- Communication with and email support from instructor for 60 days after boot camp completion
- Access to website materials
- Participant manual; PMBOK Guide; Q&A manual; flashcards (all 6th ed.)
- Practice exams and sample tests during class time and non-class time
- Certificate of Completion for 35 hours of training (includes 28 hours of class time and 7 hours of homework assignment)
- More than 21 days before course: $100
- 8-21 days before course: $500
- 7 days or less before course: NO REFUND
*ETPMI reserves the right to cancel the class for low enrollment or unforeseen events. In this event full refunds will be given.
Transferrable Enrollment Policy: Course enrollment may be transferred to another student for the same course only.
Attendance Policy: No absences allowed to earn the 35 contact hours required for testing.
Confidentiality Policy: No photographs/videotapes/audio taping are allowed in the classroom. All materials are proprietary and may not be replicated without prior written consent. Any such activity constitutes a violation of copyright laws and the PMI Code of Ethics and will be reported to PMI.
Our In-Kind Sponsors