ETPMI is always looking for willing volunteers for many positions and needs of our chapter in support of our Project Management community.
To volunteer today, fill out our Volunteer Application Form and tell us a little bit about yourself.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Build your professional network by forging new friendships with other chapter volunteers and professionals
- Earn Professional Development Units (PDUs) toward a certification renewal
- Share your knowledge with others and help the community
- Gain skills and experiences including leadership, collaboration and team-building techniques
How Much Time is Required?
Volunteer opportunities range from short-term commitments of a few hours to long-term committee leadership roles. ETPMI has many different opportunities available and the hours and skills required for each opportunity vary.
How May I Help?
ETPMI has a variety of open volunteer positions. You may formally apply for any open positions through the PMI Volunteer Opportunities Page and search "East Tennessee Chapter" for current opportunities.
Annual ETPMI Membership Meeting Project Coordinator
- Director of Administration - Appointed volunteer, supports the Corporate Secretary in preparing, maintaining, recording, circulating all records, correspondence, minutes of meetings, and related affairs of the chapter.
- Director of Finance (2 available) - Assists the VP of Finance in their role as responsible for finance. Assists in maintaining and presenting financial records required for chapter operations in accordance with chapter bylaws and state regulations.
- Director of Programs - Responsible for assisting the VP of Programs with meeting and event planning in accordance with chapter policies and bylaws, including the development of chapter education activities associated with monthly chapter meetings and other events.
- Director of Programs, Breakfast Meetings – Responsible for assisting VP of Programs with breakfast meetings and event planning
- Director of Volunteers - Assist the VP of Volunteers in addressing the needs of the volunteers, including recruitment, retention and leadership development training and support in accordance with chapter policies and bylaws.
- Mentor 2.0: Big Brothers Big Sisters - Participate with Big Brothers Big Sisters as a mentor for monthly events (4 events per semester; 2 semesters per year)
- PMP Exam Prep Instructor – Share your knowledge of Project Management by volunteering to teach our exam prep classes
- PMI Educational Foundation Liaison - Provides a vital communications and activities link between the PMI Educational Foundation and the Chapter for the purpose of promoting awareness of PMIEF and providing increased value for PMI chapter members.
- VP, Corporate Secretary - Elected volunteer, responsible for preparing, maintaining, recording, circulating all records, correspondence, minutes of meetings, and related affairs of the chapter.
How do I Claim PDUs for my Time?
Volunteers are responsible for reporting their volunteer activities to PMI. In some instances, ETPMI will provide the necessary information or course number for local events in which the volunteer participated. ETPMI may also report time for volunteers or attendees to certain events on an as-needed basis. Volunteers should also maintain copies of publications, educational materials, agendas or other applicable documentation in support of earned PDUs. For more information on obtaining PDUs through volunteering, please refer to the Project Management Institute Volunteer Opportunities page. Here are some examples:
Serve as an elected officer
Up to 10 PDUs per term
Serve as a team lead or support volunteer
Up to 5 PDUs per term
Speak at a chapter meeting
5 PDUs per engagement