The ETPMI chapter holds an annual election for rotating offices on the Board of Directors. We are currently seeking leaders to join our dynamic team to serve two-year terms starting in 2020. The current open board positions are:
- Chapter President
- Corporate Secretary
- VP Communications
- VP Membership
- VP Programs
Details of roles and responsibilities can be found here.
How do I apply for a board position?
- Review the roles & responsibilities for the position
- Fill out the application through the PMI VRMS system, if available
What are the benefits of holding a board position?
- Opportunities for career visibility and leadership growth
- Opportunity to expand your network with other project management professionals
- Increase your knowledge in the field of project management
- Assist in the advancement of the Project Management profession in the East Tennessee region
- Have a voice in the strategic direction of the chapter
- Earn PDU’s for held elected positions
- Receive free admission to monthly chapter meetings and other events
- Opportunities to participate in regional and national conferences
Do I quality for a board position?
- Be a chapter member in good standing at the time of the election
- Self-nominate or receive a nomination for a position
- Agree to serve in the nominated position for the full term
What is the election process?
- Call for nominations occurs during the Spring
- Nominations are reviewed and potential interviews are completed by end of June
- Ballots are announced in July
- Elections open via communications with voting links sent to the membership base – August
- Elections close – September
- Results are determined and announced at September Chapter Meeting
- Transition period – Outgoing board members assist with on-boarding of incoming positions – September through December
- New board members take office beginning January 1 of the following year