Requirements for Volunteering with Big Brothers/Big Sisters of East TN on behalf of ETPMI and PMIEF
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must provide contact information, including email, if a background check is needed (Please note: A background check is needed by BBBS-TN if a volunteer will be volunteering 2 or more times at a Mentor 2.0 day or evening event. BBBS-TN requests the volunteer provide a donation of $25 to cover the cost of the background check.)
To volunteer for Big Brothers/Big Sisters of East TN, please fill out the form below and tell us a little bit about yourself.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Build your professional network by forging new friendships with other chapter volunteers and professionals
- Earn Professional Development Units (PDUs) toward a certification renewal
- Share your knowledge with others and help the community
- Gain skills and experiences including leadership, collaboration and team-building techniques
How Much Time is Required?
Mentor 2.0 Events: There will be 4 events per semester, and 2 semesters per school year. The Mentor 2.0 Events take place from 5:30 - 7:30pm, and are flexible after school sessions with dinner. They provide an opportunity for ETPMI members to present a project management topic at an event.
Mentor 2.0 Classroom Sessions: There will be one session per semester. The Classroom Sessions are 45 minutes, and are held during the school day (8:30am - 2:30pm).