The PMI East Tennessee Chapter, in partnership with Becker Professional Education, is offering:
PMI-ACP Exam Prep 3-Day Bootcamp
(for the 6th Edition PMP Exam)
August 27-29, 2018
8 am to 3pm, and 1-hour lunch
10950 Spring Bluff Way
Knoxville, TN 37932
This 3-day, instructor-led, course provides a comprehensive review of Agile Project Management principles and methodologies, and is designed to help prepare participants to pass the 6th edition PMI-ACP Exam. It includes 21 hours of classroom instruction (7 hours per day), including comprehensive Exam Simulator (120 questions to help you prepare).
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the similarities and differences among Agile methodologies
- Describe the stages of the Agile development cycle and identify the factors that promote project success
- Understand how to apply specific tools and techniques to successfully complete Agile projects
- Understand the interrelationships of tasks, activities, and practices in Agile projects
- Understand the specific roles and responsibilities of team members and enhance interaction on Agile teams
- Successfully complete the PMI-ACP® certification exam
- Effectively lead and work with Agile teams
Participants will be provided with the following:
- Participant Guide(and Student Notebook)
- Agile Almanac – contains detailed review of Agile principles, Scrum, eXtreme Programming(XP), Lean Software Development(LSD), Kanban Basic Principles
- Exam Simulator – 90 days access to PMI-ACP Exam Simulator
At the end of the course, participants will receive a Completion Certificate showing 21 hours of training completed.
PMI-ACP Exam Prep Course Outline:
1) Introduction/Overview-The Agile World
2) PMP Perspective
3) Agile and Lean Principles * Exam Simulator (40 question exam)
4) Scrum Deep Dive * Exam Simulator (40 question exam)
5) Extreme Programming (XP) Deep Dive * Exam Simulator (40 question exam)
6) Lean Software Development
7) Kanban Deep Dive
8) Hybrid Deep Dive
9) User Stories
10) Planning Poker
12) How to Pass the Exam – On First Try * Comprehensive Exam
$1299 --- PMI East Tennessee Chapter Member
$1499 --- Non-members
PMP: 21 contact hours (15 technical; 3 Leadership; 3 Strategic and Business Management)
ETPMI members must be logged in to receive the discount. Please note that walk-ins on the same day as class are not allowed. Registration must be completed online in advance of class date.
- Payment towards enrollment: Full payment of the enrollment fee is due at the time of registration. Payment can be made through the online registration with a Credit Card. A student will not be enrolled until confirmation of Credit Card payment is processed, and then an email will be sent to the student with receipt. Payments at class time will not be accepted. We will register a minimum of 8 students and no more than 25 students per course offering on a first come-first serve basis.
Cancellation Policy (by Sponsors): We may cancel any particular class because of insufficient enrollment, instructor illness or catastrophic events like floods, inclement weather, etc.). If cancellation occurs, full refunds will be made to the Credit Card payment was received.
Cancellation Policy (by Student): if student cannot come to a course sponsored by ETPMI:
- Cancellation more than 21 days before the course commencement date: Cancellation fee of $100 will be charged. (this is the minimum cancellation fee charged if any paid student cancels).
- Cancellation less than 21 days but more than 7 days before the course commencement date: Cancellation fee of $500 will be charged.
- Cancellation with 7 or less days of the course commencement date: No money is refundable.
- Please note that we charge a cancellation fee to cover the cost for fixed expenses including facility bookings, instructor fees, course materials, etc. All refunds will be processed and payments made to students within 30 days for a course cancellation.
- Non-Transferrable Enrollment: Enrollment in the ETPMI sponsored PMI-ACP Prep Course is not transferrable to another course offering but may be transferred to another student for the same course as enrollment.
- Attendance and Punctuality: It is expected that each student be present and on time for each class. If you must be absent from any one of the classroom times due to illness or an emergency, you must inform the instructor. If you have difficulty meeting this expectation because of an emergency or any other reason, talk to your course instructor or the ETPMI VP for Professional Development in advance or as soon as possible. Informing the appropriate people about extenuating circumstances will allow us to work with you to make appropriate arrangements.
- Confidentiality: Photographs/Videotapes/Audio Tapes are not allowed in the classroom unless written consent is given by ETPMI and the Instructor. Proprietary use of the study material: We will provide you study guides and other material, which are proprietary property. Therefore, no part of any course materials may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, or translated into any language, without our prior written consent. Any such activity constitutes a violation of copyright laws and the PMI code of ethics and will be reported to PMI.