PMI was founded in 1969, in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania.
PMI is comprised of over 500,000 global members, over 300 local chapters internationally and has a reach of over 80 countries. It is a leading not-for-profit professional membership association for the PM profession, delivering value for more than 2.9 million professionals working in nearly every country in the world to enhance their careers, improve organizational success and further mature the profession.
- Expand your skillset as a project management professional with access to tools and accreditations
- Gain opportunities for continuing education to facilitate professional growth
- Access a global network of project managers across a diverse field of application
ETPMI was originally chartered September 20, 1986 as the first PMI Chapter in the State of Tennessee. The Nashville and Chattanooga Chapters started from the East TN Chapter.
The ETPMI Chapter covers Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Powell, Clinton, Maryville, Alcoa, Lenoir City, Loudon, Kingston, Sevierville, Tri-Cities (Bristol, Johnson City, Kingsport).
Why East Tennessee PMI?
- Enhance professional development skills (present topics at PDD, lead chapter seminars/conferences, support chapter meetings, etc.)
- Earn cost competitive Project Development Units (PDUs) by attending local training and seminars
- Develop leadership skills by participating in board service and volunteering for special projects
- Network with other local PMs
Click below to view a copy of the East Tennessee PMI Bylaws, approved January 2020.